Mechanical Engineer – Combined Heat & Power
Location: 2306 Merced St.
San Leandro, CA 94577
Position Type: Full Time
Contact Information: email@example.com
About Pasteurization Technology Group
Located in San Leandro, California-based Pasteurization Technology Group (PTG) is a rapidly growing, VC-backed company that is revolutionizing the disinfection of wastewater. PTG’s systems feature its patented “two-for-one” technology that combines eco-friendly wastewater disinfection with the generation of renewable energy. PTG’s process is one of only a handful of technologies to pass the stringent standards of Title 22 in the state of California for the disinfection of water for reuse. PTG’s technology has also been officially recognized in the EPA’s influential Guidelines for Water Reuse. By channeling the typically wasted exhaust heat from a turbine or engine to disinfect wastewater, PTG’s process is able to deliver the most energy-efficient and lowest-cost solution on the market. PTG has won numerous awards including the Katerva Award (the “Nobel Prizes of Sustainability”), the Artemis Top 50 Water Tech award, and the Popular Science “Best of What’s New” award. For more information, see and follow @PastechGroup on Twitter and Facebook facebook.com/PasteurizationTechnologyGroup.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related technology.
- Minimum 5 years related experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Significant experience in AutoCAD or related CAD software a requirement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant project management experience required.
- Plans, schedules, conduct and coordinates work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices, but may involve a variety of complex features.
- Requires knowledge and skills applied directly to Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plant design and start-up projects. Project size will typically range from 30 kW to 10 MW CHP plants.
- The CHP engineer will be working on wastewater treatment projects in municipal and industrial environments.
- Responsible for designing any number of mechanical systems including: gas turbines, reciprocating engines, heat exchangers, duct burners, pumps, piping systems, and water systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
No relocation offered.